By Smriti Mundhra | 08/04/2011 - 12:30 | 0 Comments
With her acclaimed first album Mediocre, Mexican singer-songwriter Ximena Sariñana drew comparisons to great American folk songstresses like Fiona Apple, Tori Amos and Regina Spektor. Now, with her self-titled English language debut, she’s ready to knock them all off the charts....
By Amaris Castillo | 07/11/2011 - 10:30 | 1 Comment
Latin America lost a legend this past weekend. Facundo Cabral was shot and killed on Saturday in Guatemala. The 74-year-old Argentine singer/song-writer was en route to Guatemala City’s airport when unidentified gunmen in unmarked vehicles drove up beside Cabral and his team and opened fire. Cabral was shot at least eight times. His concert promoter,...
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize