Dying for some attention whenever, wherever? Take a page from Shakira’s playbook! No hip-shaking required. Just a trip to the salon and the home-maintenance to follow. Here’s the hair how-to from NYC’s Mane Men…
GET THE LOOK:
What’s the best way to achieve a solid gold color?
NYC celeb colorist Andrea Piccolo of Concept Salon recommends using neutralights from Goldwell, which lighten a dark base and control red. Then, add highlights to “further lighten and enhance the texture of this layered cut, Piccolo says, before finishing with a toner “to give sheen and a more beige hue,” which will help enhance your skin tone.
KEEP THE LOOK:
What’s the key to maintaining my golden glow?
NYC stylist to the stars Adrian De Berardinis of DeBerardinis Salon advises using a color- safe shampoo and conditioner regimen “to prolong the freshness and vibrancy of your highlights.” After all, De Berardinis adds: "Hair color is expensive—so protect your investment.”
COPY SHAKIRA’S STYLE:
To recreate Shakira’s sexy style, follow Adrian De Berardinis’ 5 Easy Steps.
- Apply root lifting product and shine serum to wet hair, then blow dry completely while smoothing hair with a flat or round brush.
- Divide hair into large vertical sections and apply a soft hold aerosol hairspray to each section before curling.
- Curl hair with curling iron, twisting away from the face.
- Spray entire head with hairspray to lock in curls, then use fingers to break up the curls to create tousled tresses.
- Shake out your hair and make other women think you just woke up to this gorgeous look!
On a final note, Piccolo recommends using “a shine gloss spray after styling to keep the brightness and texture of the color.”
Chicas, these tips don’t lie!