Backstage at Donna Karan, we couldn't help but be struck by the beauty looks on the models.
The show boasted an endless sea of slicked-back hair, nearly-naked eyes, and chic, neutral nails. Lead Maicurist, Deborah Lippmann, shared her insights on the beauty look, and even taught us how to get the look at home.
"The Donna Karan woman is strong and sensual," she told us. "This season's collection toes the line between masculine and feminine with strict tailoring conveying a palpable sense of power. The beauty look provides a dance of contradictions. The hair is wet, but dry. The makeup [is] evident, but subtle. The nails, the ultimately accessory, enhance, but don't overshadow."
"Inspired by the radiant skin, it's only appropriate that I showed my upcoming Undress collection," she continued. "[New nail color] Skin Deep — a cool, caramel creme — is as chic and modern as the woman wearing it."
GET THE LOOK:
1. Shape natural nails into short, rounded shape using Deborah Lippmann's Smooth Operator 4-Way Nail Buffer. (Beauty.com, $12)
3. For the base, apply two coats of All About That Base CC Base Coat (Beauty.com, $20) to create a smooth and matte surface.
4. Next, apply two thin coats of Deborah Lippmann Skin Deep, a new creme caramel color. (Similar colors, Amazon.com, $18)
5. After waiting two minutes to dry, apply one coat of Gel Lab Top Coat (Beauty.com, $45) to seal the nails and prevent chipping. Then add The Wait Is Over Quick-Drying Drops (Sephora.com, $20) to ensure faster drying time and a flawless finish.
6. Finish by massaging Rich Girl SPF 25 Hand Cream and The Cure (Sephora.com, $28), a nourishing cuticle repair cream.
For more New York Fashion Week happenings, visit Latina.com/FashionWeek!