Who is Rafael Amaya? (No, Seriously, Who is He?)
03/26/2013 - 14:03 ||
If you aren't familiar with telenovela star Rafael Amaya just yet, we can guarantee that you'll be seeing more of him soon. The Mexican actor is a part of Telemundo's upcoming series, El Señor de los Cielos, based on the true story of Mexican drug lord Amado Carrillo. The telenovela is slated to premiere later this year. In the meantime, here are 5 things to know about Rafael. You can thank us later...
1. His skills go way back: Amaya is now one of the top telenovela super stars in U.S. Spanish-language TV, but he got his start on the 1990’s pop group Garibaldi.
2. Europe loves him: He’s the star of top-rated European TV shows La Piel Azul and Doctor Mateo, as well as the Spanish-language version of General Hospital in Spain.
3. His telenovelas are super successful: The actor and model raised in California has stellar performances in some of the most successful telenovelas, including the telenovela, La Reina del Sur (also starring Kate del Castillo), which broke ratings records for Telemundo with about 17 million viewers by the finale.
4. He’s taken: The hunky Mexican actor is dating Angelica Celaya from USA Network's hit drama, Burn Notice. No worries, he can still be your imaginary boyfriend.
5. He isn't shy: The sexy actor is not afraid to show it all after his nude scenes in the movie, Desnudos, which was his big screen debut. Yes, we are talking full frontal nudity ladies. We won't tell your abuelitas...
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion