Gloria Estefan Tells Oprah She "Fought Hard" for Shakira
By Amaris Castillo | 08/05/2013 - 11:10 |
Gloria Estefan opened up a great deal to Oprah Winfrey on last night’s episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter. The 55-year-old Cuban American singer spoke about working closely with Shakira before she crossed over to mainstream music.
“I heard you literally translated songs for Shakira,” Oprah said to Estefan during their hour-long interview, which aired on Sunday at 9/8c on OWN.
“Yes, because she didn’t think she could do it!” Estefan said about the Colombian-born superstar. Estefan added that Shakira is a poet and, after listening to some of Shakira’s songs, she translated a few for the young singer.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims
- Jared Polis Goes On Epic Tirade In Defense Of Dreamers
- Mexico City Arena Hosting NBA Game Evacuated Due To Smoke (UPDATED: Game Postponed)
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)
- Luis Suarez's 'Goal Of The Year' Candidate Highlighted His 4-Goal Demolition Of Norwich City (VIDEOS)