Norteño Group Named Immigrants’ Rights Ambassadors
By Amaris Castillo | 03/16/2011 - 11:00 |
The popular norteño music band El Gigante de America has been named Immigrants’ Rights Ambassadors by Mexico’s National Commission on Human Rights (CNDH).
According to En Breve, the successful band was honored for its pro-immigrant rights position beyond Mexico’s borders and, especially, in the United States. The commission stated that the members of the norteño band will promote immigrants’ human rights through spaces of reflection and audiovisual campaigns in different media forms.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro