Chris Cornell, Lead Singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave, Dead at 52
1. Rocker Chris Cornell dies after Detroit show at age 52. On Wednesday, the lead singer of the bands Soundgarden and Audioslave performed at a sold out concert at the Fox Theatre, before being found dead.
"His wife Vicky and family were shocked to learn of his sudden and unexpected passing, and they will be working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause," Cornell’s representative Brian Bumbery said in a statement. "They would like to thank his fans for their continuous love and loyalty and ask that their privacy be respected at this time. The singer is survived by his wife, Vicky Karayiannis, and two daughters, Lilian Jean and Toni. (CNN)
2. Matthew Morrison is expecting his first child with wife Renee Puente. "I'm so excited, and I just want to be the best father I possibly can be," the former Glee star told People. (E! News)
3. Taylor Swift has a new man in her life. The “Shake it Up” singer is dating British actor Joe Alwyn. (People)
4. Netflix has announced a new TV series based on the popular video game, The Witcher. Although it’s still unclear who will star in the series, Sean Daniel and Jason Brown will be executive producing the new show. (BGR)
5. Staring this weekend, Shakira will be hosting Beats 1 Radio for a three-part special. The mother-of-two, who recently announced her new album “El Dorado,” will be sharing some of her favorite Latin artist that have inspired her over the years. (Fader)