Whether you have a movie date this weekend or are just looking to spend sometime in an air-conditioned theater, here are five reasons to watch the new film Premium Rush, directed by David Koepp, and starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dania Ramirez.
1. Thinking of vacationing in New York City? You can skip the cost of your trip and experience the streets of the Big Apple with this New York-centric film, which has plenty of action scenes of cyclists speeding their way through the upper west side.
2. Get a new view on bikers. They get a bad rap for being aggressive self-centered riders in the city, but in this movie they are attractive, loyal, and badass.
3. It has plenty of action and not in the Expendables 2 sort of way. Gordon-Levitt delivers as the bike-messenger named Wilee who races to save his life. Who knew bike riders were so mysterious?
4. Dania Ramirez brings on just the right amount of attitude and riding skills as Wilee’s love interest, Vanessa. She also makes high-speed biking look pretty cool.
5. The plot about a bike messenger who doesn’t want to be chained to a boring desk job is pretty laughable, but the action scenes make up for storyline. If you are looking for an action rush, this is the flick to catch.
Premium Rush hits theaters today.