We've rounded up five things (and five exclusive photos from our September cover shoot!) you should (and need) to know about Latina's September 2013 cover girl, Cote de Pablo. Enjoy!
1. That’s her voice singing Tom Waits’ "Temptation" on the NCIS soundtrack.
"I started singing when I was really young,” she says. “When I got to high school, I studied and sung songs by composers like Stephen Sondheim. It wasn't really until college that I started to gravitate towards big dance numbers from the 1950s and 1940s.”
2. The Emmys and the Golden Globes have overlooked NCIS, but de Pablo refuses to care.
“We have phenomenal ratings and fan loyalty,” de Pablo says. “You can get easily caught up in the recognition you get or don't get. The most important thing is to keep on making the best show we can make.”
3. She stalks online shopping sites.
“I’m a huge Gilt addict. I put a lot of things on hold,” she says. “And at the end of the day, if they’re still there, then maybe I'll purchase them. It was meant to be.”
4. Her first love is musical theater, which she studied at Carnegie Mellon University.
"The last musical I saw was Once—it was beautiful," says de Pablo. "The kind of music that every type of singer wants to sing. Big music."
5. She’s eyeing a crossover into Spanish-language films.
“I would love to work with the Chilean directors Andres Wood and Pablo Larraín, who was just nominated for an Oscar for best foreign film (No),” de Pablo says. “I would love to work in my native tongue with the people I admire.”