Watch: Shakira's "Waka Waka" at World Cup Closing Ceremony
By Mariela Rosario | 07/12/2010 - 08:00 |
Shakira gave an electric performance at the World Cup closing ceremony on Sunday night in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The international pop star treated thousands of thrilled fans to one last rendition of the World Cup anthem, "Waka Waka." Shaki was accompanied by the local South African fusion band, Freshlyground. There was also an impressive light show projecting images of African nature, highlights of the 2010 World Cup tournament. At the end of the show, South Africa took the opportunity to thank the global community in many different languages for supporting the first ever World Cup held in Africa.
Watch the video below:
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'