WATCH: Rosie Perez Fights for Marriage Equality
By Mariela Rosario | 10/01/2010 - 10:20 |
Rosie Perez teamed up with Fight Back NY to share a message about equal rights and same-sex marriage. "When it comes to equality in this state and in this country, gay people deserve the same rights as everyone else. Period," declares Perez.
At one point, the Boricua actress addresses Sen. Ruben Diaz Sr. directly: "I'm extremely disappointed with your position on this matter. With all due respect, sir, your stand respects a lack of justice and equality...Please take note, you are not speaking for the majority of New York Latinos."
Check out the video below:
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Poverty reduction stalls in LatAm, U.N. panel reports
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'
- Poverty Reduction In Latin America Is Slowing, UN Says
- Creating A Hilarious Telenovela Is The Best Way To Do Spanish Homework (VIDEO)