Marc Anthony & Shannon de Lima Release Statement Following Their Separation

Marc Anthony & Shannon de Lima Release Statement Following Their Separation
Splash News

Marc Anthony and Shannon de Lima have remained pretty tight lip about their split, but on Sunday, the two released an official statement.

"After much consideration, we have mutually and amicably decided to end our two year marriage," they said. "We ask for privacy during this difficult process, and no further comments will be made from either one of us about this personal matter."

RELATED: The Real Reason Marc Anthony and Shannon de Lima Decided to Call It Quits

Sources confirmed last month that the former couple had split. The news came soon after Anthony and ex-wife Jennifer Lopez shared a kiss on the Latin Grammys stage, causing everyone to quickly assume this was the reason behind the salsa singer and De Lima's break up. But contrary to popular belief, it was actually Anthony's career that caused the pair to make this decision. “Marc is so busy with his career, touring and recording that he distances himself from his relationships without even knowing it," a source told People. "Even with his wife in tow, she can feel like he is on another planet.”

MORE: Marc Anthony is Reportedly Trying to Win Back Jennifer Lopez

The 48-year-old recording artist and 28-year-old De Lima tied the knot in the Dominican Republic on November 11, 2014, after dating on and off since 2012.