Gisele Donates $1.5M to Haiti
By Shani Saxon-Parrish | 01/15/2010 - 13:28 |
New mother Gisele Bündchen has generously offered aid to the victims of Tuesday’s massive 7.0 earthquake in Haiti. The disaster, which left the capital city, Port-au-Prince, in ruins, is estimated to have killed tens of thousands of people and to have injured hundreds of thousands more.
A source close to Bundchen told People the model "was so moved, she knew she had to do what she could to help" and wrote a check Thursday for $1.5 million to the Red Cross for its Haitian relief effort.
Bundchen—who is married to football star Tom Brady and just gave birth to her first child, Benjamin, on Dec. 8—reportedly earned $35M last year and was inspired to help after watching images of the quake’s devastating aftermath.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'