Eva Longoria Parker Raises Half a Million Dollars for Haiti
By Mariela Rosario | 09/30/2010 - 11:25 |
Eva Longoria Parker held the first ever Twitter auction this week to raise money for disabled children in the earthquake ravaged country of Haiti.
A slew of Longoria Parker's celeb friends participated by offering to follow fans on Twitter and arranging one-of-a-kind meet and greets for the winning bidders, who donated cash to ahomeinhaiti.org. Eva and her friends managed to raise $540 thousand, which will be used to help rebuild The Miriam Center, a home for children suffering from autism and cerebral palsy in Haiti.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims
- Jared Polis Goes On Epic Tirade In Defense Of Dreamers
- Mexico City Arena Hosting NBA Game Evacuated Due To Smoke (UPDATED: Game Postponed)
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)
- Luis Suarez's 'Goal Of The Year' Candidate Highlighted His 4-Goal Demolition Of Norwich City (VIDEOS)