Hello! ¡Hola! Bonjour! One of the reasons many celebrities have become global sensations is because they're able to address their fans in their native tongues, making these encounters even more personable. From Shakira to Ricky Martin, check out 13 celebrities who can speak multiple languages:
1. Mutiple Languages: Jaime Camil
The Pulling Strings star can speak Spanish, Portuguese and French, in addition to English.
2. Multiple Languages: Shakira
The 36-year-old singer can speak Portuguese, Arabic, Italian and Spanish perfectly.
3. Multiple Languages: Ricky Martin
Besides being fluent in Spanish, Martin can also speak French, Portuguese and Italian.
4. Multiple Languages: Salma Hayek
The voluptuous beauty can speak Arabic, Portuguese and Spanish.
5. Multiple Languages: Penelope Cruz
Cruz may hail from Spain, but Spanish isn’t the only language she’s skilled in. The mami of two also speaks Italian and French.
6. Multiple Languages: Antonio Banderas
The 53-year-old actor can speak French and Spanish.
7. Multiple Languages: Tatyana Ali
The former Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star can speak some phrases in Hindi, in addition to being fluent in Spanish.
8. Multiple Languages: Camilla Belle
The 27-year-old Brazilian American can speak Portuguese and Spanish.
9. Multiple Languages: Elsa Pataky
Pataky is fluent in French, Romanian, Italian and Spanish.
10. Multiple Languages: Freddie Prinze Jr.
Freddie Prinze Jr.
The 90s teen heartthrob is not only fluent in Spanish, but he’s also able to speak Italian.
11. Multiple Languages: Jamie Lynn Sigler
The new mama can speak Greek and Spanish.
12. Multiple Languages: Harry Shum Jr.
Harry Shum Jr.
The Glee star – who was born in Costa Rica – is fluent in Spanish and Chinese.
13. Multiple Languages: Sonya Walger
Walger can speak Spanish and conversational French.