Check Out Victoria Justice on Latina Magazine's October 2012 Cover!
09/04/2012 - 08:30 ||
Victoria Justice talks about her transition from teen queen to rising starlet and her busy post-Victorious schedule as she appears on the October 2012 cover of Latina, which hits newsstands and Nook Newsstand on September 11.
Looking beyond her first feature film, Fun Size, with costars Chelsea Handler and Johnny Knoxville (out October 26), Justice sits down with Latina to share her career direction and how family and friends keep her grounded.
On her drive to perform as an 8-year old: “I was the one who kept bugging my mom about it; I was like, ‘Take me to an agency! I want to try this out!”
On the unexpected cancelation of her Emmy-nominated hit show, Victorious: “The end of Victorious marked the end of my teenage years. I was 12 years old when I started on Nickelodeon, and I literally have spent all my teen years on the network. I will always be grateful to them, but I’m ready to move on.”
On taking on the lead in Fun Size and where she sees herself next: “A lot of the stuff that was presented to me was fluff,” Justice says. “I was definitely ready [to be the lead of a film]. I’m an actress and I want to be an artist and I’m a songwriter. I want to take on projects that allow me to take my audience with me, but start [transitioning] into slightly more mature material.”
On Friday night dinners with her mother, Serene, and what keeps her grounded: “We eat together and we laugh together, and it’s honestly my favorite day of the week,” Justice says. “My parents got divorced when I was young, but I grew up around the Puerto Rican side of the family, so I’m definitely immersed in that culture.”
The 19-year-old doesn’t kiss and tell when it comes to questions about her love life: “[Having a boyfriend is] something every girl thinks about. It’s hard because I work all the time, but at the end of the day, it’s a nice thing to be able to have someone that you love and trust.”
To download a high-resolution image of the cover, go to: http://www.latina.com/victoria.
Also in the October 2012 issue:
- Young Hollywood: From Selena Gomez and Bella Thorne to Michael Trevino and Diego Boneta, these nine versatile performers are the ones to watch.
- All Access: Where are the Latinos on TV?: Considering the growing roster of Latino talent, the fall television lineup falls short when it comes to Latinos in key roles.
- One-Way Ticket to Latin America: Thanks to the lagging U.S. economy, some Latinas are moving to places like Mexico and Ecuador as they try to make their American dreams come true.
- On the Menu: Fast Food, Reinvented: Renowned chef Roberto Santibañez helps you cook up Mexican street food in your own kitchen.
- Man Up: No one will think you’re just one of the boys in these strong and sexy menswear looks.
- Be Beautiful: Smoky eyes and slick metallic nails are among fall’s strongest beauty statements. Plus, how to pick the perfect red lipstick.
Articles from the upcoming October 2012 issue are available upon request.
Are you excited that Victoria Justice is on the cover? Who do you want to see on the cover of Latina? Share in the comments!
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion