Faith in humanity: officially restored.
61-year-old Yvette Childers was driving to work in her RV on a hot, Texas afternoon earlier this month when the hood started smoking.
"I thought, 'Oh, I popped a radiator," she told People. "[Others drivers] going in the opposite direction are yelling at me, going, 'Get out! Get out!'"
Childers stepped out of the vehicle -- just before it burst into flames. Unfortunately, her one-year-old Chihuahua, My Little Pony, was trapped inside her crate in the back.
"I'm standing on the side of the road, and I'm dying because of her," she said. "I'm going to die if this dog dies."
When the Addison Fire Department arrived on the scene shortly afterwards, she made it clear that the dog was their number one priority. The team of firefighters knocked out the windows and went to work extinguishing the flames. When Capt. Scott Ledet and paramedic Jake Metdker arrived, they set to work on saving the pooch.
Read more on page 2 >>>