10 Spanglish Words You May or May Not Be Pronouncing Wrong
By Amaris Castillo | 06/28/2013 - 09:14 |
You gotta love Spanglish. If you’re Latino/a but were born here in the U.S., you’re guilty of it. What’s funny is that most of us learn it from our parents; Spanish is in their blood, yet they want to get their message across so you will surely understand.
Those well-versed in Spanglish have the language down pat. Below are some fun words that don’t… sound quite right. But they're great anyway:
Not party, it’s pronounced “parreeeeee!”
Vicks Vapor Rub
Abuelita calls it “Vivaperu.” Translation: “Long live Peru!”
The proper verb for this is “congelar,” but that would be too complicated, wouldn't it? So... "frizar" it is.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Hey Fox News, Here Are 13 Ways To Wage An Actual War On Christmas
- Pitbull's New Song 'La Noche No Termina' Includes Shout Out To Sofia Vergara
- Principal Put On Leave After Trying To Forbid Spanish In Classroom
- Plane Crash In Puerto Rico Leaves Two Dead
- Harry Reid Rails Against Joe Heck On Immigration Reform