Our 5 Favorite Celeb Catch Phrases. "Dale!" Read this!
By Lee Hernandez | 08/04/2011 - 18:26 | 0 Comments
Celia Cruz (1925-2003)
Catch Phrase: "Azucar!"
There's no doubt about it: The Cuban singer's music will live on forever, but so will her trademark catch phrase: ¡Azúcar!" ("Sugar!" in Spanish). Cruz, who would often greet fans at her concerts with the catch phrase, said at the end of her life: "No les digo más 'Azúcar', pa' que no les dé diabetes!" which means, "I won't say 'Sugar' anymore so that you won't get diabetes!" Maybe her new catch phrase could've been "Sweet & Low!"
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro
- Bloomberg To Critics Of His Spanish: 'Get A Life'
- Civil Rights Groups Ask Texas Police To Stop Using Tasers On Students
- Mexico World Cup Draw: El Tri Lands In Group A With Brazil, Croatia And Cameroon