1. Mobb Deep rapper Prodigy passed away at the age of 42 in Las Vegas. "It is with extreme sadness and disbelief that we confirm the death of our dear friend Albert Johnson, better known to millions of fans as Prodigy of legendary NY rap duo Mobb Deep," his rep confirmed. "Prodigy was hospitalized a few days ago in Vegas after a Mobb Deep performance for complications caused by a sickle cell anemia crisis."
Prodigy reportedly battled the disease since birth, thought the exact cause of death has yet to be determined. (E! News)
2. Joan Smalls will make her acting debut in upcoming Netflix original Set It Up, where she'll play main character Charlie's girlfriend in the romantic comedy. (Deadline)
3. New video footage of the shooting of Philando Castile has been released, giving a new perspective from the police officer's car dashboard. (USA Today)
4. Justin Bieber shared an interesting throwback from 2014, when he was charged with a DUI. "Mugshot #jailsnotacoolplacetobe, #notfun #neveragain," he captioned the photos. (ET Online)
5. On the cusp of welcoming twins into the world, Jay Z has decided to formally change his name – from Jay-Z to Jay Z. (Time)