We have your rundown of how Latinos rocked the biggest night in Hollywood at the 2012 Oscars. Check it out!
- Jennifer Lopez and Cameron Diaz showed off what their mamas gave them while presenting the Academy Award for “Best Costume Designer”! The stars of the upcoming feature film What to Expect When You’re Expecting had some awkward energy at first, but thank goodness they decided to loosen up a bit! Of course, there is also plenty of buzz about J.Lo's possible wardrobe malfunction. We didn't see anything. Did you?
- The Artist, featuring Argentinean actress Berenice Bejo and directed by husband Michel Hazanavicius, won the Academy Award for "Best Picture"! We knew the hit black-and-white flick would take it! We also loved Bejo's cute clip of Peppy Miller, which ran before the annoucement. Congrats!
- Esperanza Spalding sang an angelic and emotional rendition of the Louis Armstrong's classic “What a Wonderful World” with help from the Southern California Children’s Choir for the Academy Award tribute to stars who have passed. Beautifully done!
- Colombian fashion director Nina Garcia co-hosted the pre-show “Oscars Red Carpet Live” on ABC along with Tim Gunn, Robin Roberts, Louise Roe, and Jess Cagle. Garcia offered her expertise like no other!
- How sweet! Demian Bichir brought his mom Maricruz Nájera and wife Stefanie Sherk to the 2012 Academy Awards. The Mexican actor may not have won for A Better Life, but he certainly wins the ‘best son’ award in our hearts.
- When Alexander Payne won the Oscar for “Best Adapted Screenplay” for The Descendants, he mentioned he should thank his mother the way Javier Bardem did during his acceptance speech for No Country For Old Men. Bravo Payne. We think you had an excellent model to go by!
- Sheila E. was rocking the Oscars house band and playing the drums like a true legend last night! She made audiences travel back in time for a 80s flashback that also took us back to poufy hairstyles and stonewashed jeans. We didn't say it had to be pretty...