25 Latinas Who Shine in Media!
By Kamren Curiel | 05/06/2013 - 13:55 | 0 Comments
Soledad O’Brien: This Emmy Award-winning broadcast journalist is unstoppable! The daughter of immigrants (her mom’s from Cuba, her dad’s from Australia), O’Brien woke up a nation of immigrants as correspondent of CNN’s 2009 special Latino in America, which explored how Latinos are reshaping communities and culture, and forcing us to rediscover what it means to be American. O’Brien has also hosted CNN’s Black in America series, American Morning, and Starting Point. She’s recently gone independent as a roving documentary reporter and is starting her own production company called Starfish Media Group. We can’t wait to see what she does next!
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Poverty reduction stalls in LatAm, U.N. panel reports
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'
- Poverty Reduction In Latin America Is Slowing, UN Says
- Creating A Hilarious Telenovela Is The Best Way To Do Spanish Homework (VIDEO)