5 Latinas Reveal Their Thoughts on American Culture
By Samantha Leal | 07/04/2012 - 15:00 | 0 Comments
Proud to be American? You could say that! These stars reveal what’s great about this country and how they celebrate both cultures.
This actress and activist is proud of her Latin roots, but admits to feeling “very American.” She told the Guardian, “I felt very American. I still do. I went to 35 bar mitzvahs before I went to a single quinceañera. I could talk all day about my culture and what it means to me.”
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'