Fat Joe Turns Himself In For Tax Evasion
By Samantha Leal | 08/26/2013 - 15:18 |
Fat Joe, whose real name is Joseph Cartagena, turned himself into a Federal Detention Center in Miami for tax evasion, reports People.
The rapper was sentenced back in June for failing to pay taxes during 2007 and 2008. He'll serve four months and pay a $15,000 fine, followed by a one-year supervised release. He had originally been looking at two years in prison, but the judge showed leniency when Fat Joe paid back taxes and also worked to increase his charitable donations, including giving computers to schools.
What do you think about Fat Joe turning himself in? Share in the comments!
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro