EXCLUSIVE: 'Dexter' Star Aimee Garcia Tells Us What She’s Thankful for This Thanksgiving
11/22/2011 - 13:15 ||
With Thanksgiving just a few days away, we asked half-Mexican, half-Puerto Rican actress Aimee Garcia—who currently stars as Jamie Batista, the nanny to Dexter's (Michael C. Hall) son on Showtime’s hit show, Dexter—to tell us what she's thankful for. Here's what the 32-year-old star said:
1. My Health: "My Dad always said, "If you’re not healthy, you can't do anything—you can't have fun, you can't work...Good health is number one."
2. My Family and Friends: "My Family is my rock. Their unconditional love and support is the only reason I can make it through this crazy business. My Friends make life worth living—they are the most creative, fun and smartest people I know. They constantly introduce me to new places and they're always cracking me up and pushing me to try new adventures."
3. My Education: "I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to attend and graduate college. My college degree comes in handy every single day and I am very grateful for my education."
4. My Career: "I LOVE what I do! My Dad always said, 'Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.' He was right. I’m working on one of the best shows of television. I’ve always been a Dexter fan so I feel lucky that now I’m a part of my favorite show."
5. Chocolate: "I don’t do drugs, but I do chocolate. There is actually a great place in L.A. called John Kelly Chocolates that makes chocolates with sea salt on them. They’re my new favorite and I’m so thankful for them!"
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion