1. On Tuesday, Ellen DeGeneres took time out of her talk show to discuss politics – a topic she has vowed to stay away from. The host used Pixar movie Finding Dory, where she voices the character Dory, to explain President Trump’s recent immigration ban.
DeGeneres was inspired after hearing that Trump reportedly screened the movie at the White House this past weekend. “She [Dory] ends up at the Marine Life Institute behind a large wall,” the host said, making the connection between the film and the wall Trump hopes to build. “And they all have to get over the wall. And you wouldn’t believe it, but the wall has almost no effect on keeping them out.” She continues, with a larger message, “Even though Dory gets into America, she ends up separated from her family. But the other animals help Dory. Animals that don’t even need her. Animals that don’t have anything in common with her. They help her even though they’re completely different colors because that’s what you do when you see someone in need. You help them.” (Yahoo TV)
2. Oprah Winfrey has landed a major gig. The host and media mogul is set to become a contributor to CBS News’ 60 Minutes this fall. (ET Online)
3. Scott Disick was spotted all over model Jessica Harris while vacationing in Miami. Though he and Kourtney Kardashian are no longer together, the drama has already been stirred between the love triangle. (E! News)
4. President Trump has officially appointed Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, which fills the vacancy on the bench since Justice Scalia's departure. (WSJ)
5. A&E's upcoming thriller, Bates Motel, is set to air in just a few weeks. The official trailer has been released, starring none other than Rihanna. (TV Guide)