Aaron Hernandez Case: More Troubling Details Surface

AP Photo

More details surrounding Aaron Hernandez and his murder case keeps trickling in. According to Fox News, an associate of the former New England Patriots tight end said he was told that 23-year-old Hernandez indeed fired the shots that resulted in the death of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.

Carlos Ortiz had reportedly told Massachusetts investigators that he heard Hernandez was the one who shot Lloyd.

Lloyd was found dead in an industrial park near Hernandez’s Massachusetts home – the two were acquaintances and had been hanging out with two other people hours before Lloyd was killed. Hernandez was arrested on June 26 (and later dropped by the Patriots) and charged with murder. He has pleaded not guilty in Lloyd’s killing.

According to People, police documents filed in Florida and obtained by the Associated Press show that a vehicle wanted in a double killing in Boston a year before had been rented in Hernandez's name. That, and the claim by the Ortiz that he was told Hernandez fired the deadly shots are just the latest set of troubling evidence around the athlete.

Share this 
Like this post? Contribute to the discussion!