By Lee Hernandez | 12/18/2011 - 12:43 | 0 Comments
With the season finale of Showtime’s hit serial killer drama Dexter airing this Sunday at 9/8c, we thought we'd pay homage to the most Latino show on television by taking a look back at all of the Latino stars who have helped make the show must-see TV over...
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 08/16/2010 - 13:06 | 0 Comments
This weekend’s box office champ, The Expendables, may have lured in audiences with not one or two, but 10 big-name action stars, but tucked among all the beefcake was a Latino who gives a solid, entertaining and surprising performance: Dexter’s David Zayas.
Zayas, a TV veteran and former New York City cop, has played plenty of...
By Lee Hernandez | 06/23/2010 - 15:00 | 0 Comments
In 2007, April Lee Hernandez gave a brave, scene stealing performance in the movie, Freedom Writers that earned her critical praise and got people calling her the next big star. Then she fell off the Hollywood map. The 30-year-old Boricua actress—who just landed a high profile role on Showtime's hit series, Dexter—...
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 05/12/2010 - 16:45 | 2 Comments
Summer doesn’t officially start until the middle of June, but we all know that Hollywood plays by its own rules. Every year, the summer movie season seems to start earlier and earlier and this year is no exception. Iron Man 2 kicked it off this weekend, raking in gazillions of dollars and charming critics and run-of-the-mill moviegoers alike....
By Latina Staff | 03/03/2010 - 11:15 | 4 Comments
The Oscars are just around the corner and that can only mean one thing: It's time for Latina.com's Third Annual Lazzies awards! We've rounded up the absolute worst performances of 2009 for your comedic delight. From Cameron Diaz to Jennifer Lopez, no one is safe from the wrath of the Lazzies. Click...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'