By Samantha Leal | 06/16/2013 - 11:00 | 0 Comments
Roel DeLaGarza Jr. is a member of the Marine Corps, but a more important title he has would be “dad.” Father to three children – Alexis, 11, Alyssa, 8, and Trey, 3 – the Corpus Christi native has applied the wisdom provided by his own dad to his parenting. Although he’s rarely able to see his father now that he’s in the military and due to his father’s medical condition, he...
By Lee Hernandez | 10/04/2011 - 10:41 | 0 Comments
Unlike most girls, half-Mexican singer Jasmine Villegas didn't get her beautiful hair from her mom. "I definitely got it from my dad," says Villegas, who explains that when she was growing up, her dad had amazing hair. "My hair wasn't as pretty as my dad's used to be," she says. But the talented singer, who is best known as Justin Bieber's...
By Lee Hernandez | 08/03/2011 - 14:30 | 0 Comments
In the new film, Gun Hill Road, (opening in select cities on August 5th), Puerto Rican actor Esai Morales plays Enrique, an ex-con who returns home from prison to discover that his son Michael (Harmony Santana) is now a transgendered girl named Vanessa. Esai says the new movie—which he describes as the "Latino...
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro
- Bloomberg To Critics Of His Spanish: 'Get A Life'
- Civil Rights Groups Ask Texas Police To Stop Using Tasers On Students
- Mexico World Cup Draw: El Tri Lands In Group A With Brazil, Croatia And Cameroon