By Priscilla Rodriguez | 06/18/2013 - 10:46 | 0 Comments
Puerto Rico's current commonwealth status has been a hot topic of debate for quite some time. Now Puerto Rico pro-statehood leader Pedro Pierluisi is saying that La Isla del Encanto's commonwealth status is “the root cause of the economic and social problems that impair quality of life on the island."
By Kamren Curiel | 01/28/2013 - 14:23 | 0 Comments
A new bill being considered by Puerto Rico’s House of Representatives would penalize the use of the American flag in the absence of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico’s flag on any state and municipal government building or any public corporation.
According to Puerto Rico's Primera Hora, the proposed flag law filed by Rep. Charlie...
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 03/16/2011 - 14:30 | 0 Comments
Puerto Ricans should be the only ones who have a say in whether the island remains a part of the United States or becomes independent and the President and Congress should act on the results quickly, says a new report by the President’s Task Force on Puerto Rico released today.
The 114-page report is the product of two years work by the Task Force...
- Marc Anthony Sues ClubCreate Over 1.3 Million Loan
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President