By Grace Bastidas | 08/03/2011 - 16:00 | 0 Comments
A new ad campaign for the New York International Latino Film Festival makes fun of Latino stereotypes in an effort to draw attention to the many clichés about Latinos in the movies. One ad features a chart with the varying roles Latinas have played in films, with “maid” beating out such categories as surgeon and judge.
By Stacey Rivera | 11/19/2010 - 15:40 | 0 Comments
Clorox released a press release this week explaining the findings of a study by Garcia Research (commissioned and paid for by Clorox) that finds that, for Latinas, “cleaning is a rite of passage, taught by mothers and grandmothers and meant to influence present-day routines and brand choices.” Huh?
The study goes on to claim:
- 93 percent of Latinas helped...
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize