By Fox News Latino | 11/22/2010 - 17:00 | 0 Comments
The President of the Dominican Republic called an emergency meeting today to address the spread of cholera that has crossed over the border from Haiti into the neighboring country.
According to the Listin Diario, President Leonel Fernández met with the country's health, agriculture and tourism ministers. Officials are reportedly considering...
By Fox News Latino | 11/17/2010 - 11:28 | 0 Comments
A Haitian citizen who lives near the tourist mecca of Punta Cana was the first confirmed case of cholera in the Dominican Republic.
The man, identified as Wilmo Louwes, a 32-year-old construction worker, was being treated in a hospital in the eastern town of Higüey. Louwe was home in Haiti – which has been devastated by the disease – on vacation and returned by bus...
- Marc Anthony Sues ClubCreate Over 1.3 Million Loan
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President