Born July 10, 1972
Vergara is a Colombian-born actress, entrepreneur and model. She became widely known in the late 90s for cohosting several TV shows on the Hispanic network Univision. Her first notable English acting gig was in the 2003 film Chasing Papi. She has also appeared in other films, including Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns and Tyler Perry’s Madea Goes to Jail. Vergara reached stardom in her role as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on the critically acclaimed ABC sitcom Modern Family, for which she has been nominated for a Golden Globe, a Primetime Emmy and three Screen Actors Guild awards. She is releasing her first clothing line, Sofia Vergara for Kmart, in the fall of 2011.
Contrary to Internet belief, Sandra Vergara—one of the stars of the new horror movie, Fright Night (opening August 19th)—is not Sofia Vergara's sister. "She's my first cousin," the sweet Colombian actress tells Latina.com. "We were raised together when we were little, and she's someone I respect a lot because she's family."
Sofia Vergara opens up about being a teenage mother on the cover of September’s Redbook. The Colombian actress had her son, Manolo, when she was 19. “I had the energy for everything,” the now 39-year-old recalls.
Vergara said her...
It’s hard for this Modern Family star to not look sexy, even when she’s wearing a casual get-up, so it’s no surprise we all want to steal the colombiana’s style.
Both Cowboys and Aliens and Smurfs had a good weekend. The films—starring Ana de la Reguera and Sofia Vergara respectively—topped the box office with both earning an estimated $36.2 million, the final numbers should be released today.
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'