Born July 10, 1972
Vergara is a Colombian-born actress, entrepreneur and model. She became widely known in the late 90s for cohosting several TV shows on the Hispanic network Univision. Her first notable English acting gig was in the 2003 film Chasing Papi. She has also appeared in other films, including Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns and Tyler Perry’s Madea Goes to Jail. Vergara reached stardom in her role as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on the critically acclaimed ABC sitcom Modern Family, for which she has been nominated for a Golden Globe, a Primetime Emmy and three Screen Actors Guild awards. She is releasing her first clothing line, Sofia Vergara for Kmart, in the fall of 2011.
Happy Thursday chismosos! Get your gossip on below:
- Sofia Vergara no longer a single lady? The Modern Family star split from her boyfriend of two years, Nick Loeb, earlier this month. Sources close to the Colombian actress claimed that the couple had been arguing a lot and that the star’s busy schedule wasn’t exactly conducive to keeping the romance alive.
Vergara, who recently got back from a girls’...
Jennifer Lopez is “The World’s Most Powerful Celebrity” according to Forbes. The celebrity list details the 100 most powerful celebrities by money and fame, including their presence on social media, like Facebook and Twitter. (It's all about the followers and fans!)
Jennifer Lopez comes in at a cool $52 million (or a rank of 30 in money). She was ranked high in TV/radio (10), press (22), web (13) and...
Happy Hump Day! Dig into our chisme roundup below:
- J.Lo has a few works of encouragement for Demi Lovato, who recently inked a deal as one of the new celebrity judges on the talent competition, The X Factor. The American Idol judge expressed that the 19-year-old pop singer is “more than capable” to handle her new gig alongside pop sensation, Britney Spears. Reportedly Lovato signed...
Need your daily fix? Get your roundup of chisme below:
- Jessica Alba may have hit the A-list because of her talent and dedication in the business, but she admits it was difficult to be taken seriously because during her Dark Angel days. "I had a show that premiered when I was 19. And right away, everyone formed a strong opinion about me because of the way I was marketed," said Alba to Marie...
Happy Monday! Get your daily chisme fix:
- Shakira hit 50 million Facebook fans this weekend – we love her, we really love her.
- Julio Iglesias had his hotel robbed in Venezuela while performing a concert. The 68-year-old artist and his nephew returned to their hotel room to find $1,600 in cash missing, along with iPads, a computer and personal posessions. Iglesias is...
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro
- Bloomberg To Critics Of His Spanish: 'Get A Life'