Born Sept. 2, 1966
Salma Hayek is a Mexican actress, director and producer, and remains one of the most prominent Mexican figures in Hollywood. Hayek was born in Veracruz, Mexico. She received her debut role in Teresa (1989), a Mexican telenovela. Her first Hollywood starring role was opposite Antonio Banderas in 1995’s Desperado. The starlet founded her own film production company, Ventanarosa, in 2002, around the same time she starred in and directed the film Frida, which landed her an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. Hayek was also executive producer of the critically acclaimed ABC sitcom Ugly Betty.
Craving your chisme fix? We are serving up our entertainment news roundup below:
- Beware! While you may love searching for pictures of Latina celebs, some of them can end up crashing your precious computer. According to the Internet security company McAfee, Sofia Vergara, Salma Hayek, Eva Mendes, Shakira, and Selena Gomez are among the five most...
Here comes the bride! Surprisingly, celebrities are pretty clever when it comes to keeping their wedding day a secret. With Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds as the latest stars to tie the knot in a secret ceremony, we are taking a look at how many Latino stars have managed to say "I Do" without any paparazzi on the guest list.
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize