Born April 28, 1974
Penélope Cruz is a Spanish actress known for her work with director Pedro Almodovar. She made her first Hollywood film debut in the 1997 film Open Your Eyes. She has worked in various American films, including The Hi-Lo Country (1999), Vanilla Sky (2001), Blow (2001), Gothika (2003), Sahara (2005) and the musical Nine (2009). Cruz earned Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations for her role in 2006’s Volver, and won a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for her work in Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008). She is the first Spanish actress to receive an Academy Award in history. She has modeled for Ralph Lauren and L’Oréal, and Cruz and her sister, Monica, have designed items for clothing brand Mango. She is married to Spanish actor Javier Bardem, with whom she has a son, Leo.
- Marc Anthony Sues ClubCreate Over 1.3 Million Loan
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President