Oh Em Gee, I'm girl crushing on COVERGIRL spokesperson Becky G! Last night, Latina hosted their annual Hollywood Hot List fiesta at the Redbury Hotel in Hollywood, CA and the petite Mexicana was in the house looking all kinds of fabulous in a black leotard and short leopard prints shorts.
Becky sat with COVERGIRL makeup artist Jackie Gomez ahead of her walk down the red carpet to glam it up using all of her favorite products (Check back soon for the video tutorial!). Want to recreate this look from home? With less than ten items, you can capture Becky’s golden glow perfect for any event!
“When I saw Becky’s outfit, it immediately reminded me of the jungle,” Jackie told us exclusively. “The leopard print from her shorts inspired me to play up her eyes with a really fun and smokey look featuring dramatic lashes.”
To get this look, follow these easy steps from Jackie:
- Using a foundation brush, beauty blender sponge or your fingers, apply COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Crème Foundation. Becky uses shade Soft Honey, also known as #355.
- After creating the base, I like to start with the eyes. Using COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Gold Flame, color your entire lid just below the brow bone.
- To pump up the golden intensity, I used COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Melted Gold layered over the Shadow Pencil.
- Use COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Molten Black on the crease for depth.
- To unleash you Becky’s inner cheetah, I used COVERGIRL Ink It! By Perfect Point Plus in Golden Ink on the lower water line.
- To create the cat eye effect, I used COVERGIRL Ink It! By Perfect Point Plus in Black in starting from the inner eye moving out towards your temples.
- To finish the eye, use COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Extensions LashBlast Mascara in Very Black on both the top and bottom lashes.
- To highlight Becky’s cheekbones, I used COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush and Bronzer in Roses on the apples of her cheeks.
- For a pop of color, I used COVERGIRL LipPerfection LipColor in Fairytale as a base followed by COVERGIRL LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in #230 Berry Twist.
Layering both on the eyes and lips helps you stay in control of how dark or light you want a shade displayed. For those of you who just want to play with new tones, start off light and add a bit more until you are happy with the result.