How do you find the motivation to exercise, especially when you don't feel like getting off your rump to do so? Oh, believe me, I have had my days when I'm down right tired and I feel as though I'm not in this by myself.
You have to be mentally prepared to exercise and most of the time, you can psych yourself into working out. I don't know about you, but I think we all need some sort of motivation. Below are 8 ways that motivate me and hopefully you, too!
1. Take time for you. Pull yourself away from the desk, your kids, spouse and other family and make time for YOU! It’s time to make you a priority and work on your health and exercise. This is the opportunity to find solace and peace within you.
2. Eye that new outfit. It should motivate you to know that if you exercise and shed a few pounds, that you will finally be able to buy that new outfit that you have being eyeing. Or better yet, shop for smaller clothes, period!
3. Take a "before" picture. See exactly how you look when the camera is snapped. If you find yourself hating the way you look in your "before" pic, then this should give you tons of motivation to slim down and exercise. You will find that it was worth it once you take that AFTER picture.
4. Read or hear success stories. When I hear about a persons weight loss success, it motivates me to want to have a similar story. I always say, “If they can do it, I can too!”
5. Flip through magazines. Whenever I read a magazine or see women that are in shape, I get the urge of wanting to look like that as well. I guess that is why I tend to push myself more. Yes, I know these women are photoshopped, but it still motivates me to want to look my best!
6. Take compliments with a smile. Now you know a compliment can go a long way! When someone issues a compliment for the way your body looks or the amount of weight loss sustained, it motivates me to want to do more!
7. Go to a reunion (or just trick yourself into thinking you're going to one!). Now, everyone wants to look his or her best when you have a class or family reunion. There is nothing more important than working out in order to look good around people you haven’t seen in years!
8. Visualize yourself trim and toned. If you receive it, then you believe it! Visualize yourself trimmer and more toned and that will certainly motivate you to workout.
What ways are you motivated to workout?
Let me know!