I love going out and hitting the scene, but with the recession in full effect I’ve been getting creative with ways to save cash while dating.
I've managed to think up some pretty good ideas for cheap or free dates. Check them out below!
1. Wine and dine indoors. Grab some wine, groceries and get cooking! It actually beats waiting to be seated, the noisy crowd and the hefty bill that lands on your table at the end of the night.
2. Rediscover your city. Don’t forget all the free entertainment where you live. Stroll through a park, or hit up art galleries and flea markets.
3. Dance party! Crank up the music and shake your bon-bon to JLo, Ricky and Shaki right in your own apartment. You’ll most definitely enjoy some laughs, and if you’re feeling extra sassy you dont have to go far to make the mambo horizontal!
4. Movie night. I don’t have cable, so I’ve been using iTunes to download movies and watch them on my computer. They offer 24 hour movie rentals for around $3.99! Just cook up some PopSecret and you’re all set!
5. Create a Home Spa. Light some candles, dim the lights, turn on some soothing tunes. Take turns giving each other body massages and foot rubs. Who knows? Maybe the boy will get inspired and paint your toes which means extra cash savings on your bi-weekly pedicure.
6. Channel your inner artist. Bust out your crayons, pencils and paint and create a pretty picture together. Not only is this super fun, it will bring you back to 3rd grade art class, and can also be totally therapeutic.
7. Kissing Contest. I guarantee there are trillions of ways to kiss someone. Take turns trying different kissing techniques and rate each on a scale of 1-10. You never know, you might even learn some new tricks.
8. Use your brain. Challenge him to a classic game like cards, chess, or Monopoly and add a fun twist by making the loser do whatever the winner wants!
9. Volunteer. Check out volunteermatch.org and find a local organization that needs your help. It feels good to do good, together.
10. Exercise. Can’t afford the gym right now? No problem—get your heart rate up and work up a sweat with some sweet old fashion love makin’.
Would you try out any of these ideas? As we all find ways to cut back, are there any other budget-friendly dates you can share?