How to Smell Pretty
01/22/2008 - 11:16 ||
Follow our guide to fall's hot new fragrances and you'll be a spritz away from turning heads!
1. Nina by Nina Ricci ($67 for 2.7 oz.): The fruit-shaped bottle tells the story—this fragrance smells like apples!Yum.
2. Diesel Fuel For Life for Women ($65: Nordstrom and Diesel stores): The opposite of light, it's the definition of richness.
3. Christian Lacroix Rouge for Avon ($32 for 1.7 oz.: 800-FOR-AVON): One whiff of this citrusy orange-peel essence and you'll be saying que rico.
4. Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction For Men ($22 for 1.0 oz.): Antonio took his inspiration for his clean-smelling cologne from the ocean.
5. So Luxurious by Daisy Fuentes ($43 for 2.5 oz.: Kohl's stores nationwide): A nod to her Cuban heritage, this scent smells like a warm day en el caribe.
6. Can Can Paris Hilton ($45 for 1.7 oz.): A fruity blend with a hint of spicy amber—would you expect less from Paris?
7. Sean John Unforgivable Woman ($55 for 2.5 oz.): Sure, it's an aroma of mixed violetas, but there's nothing too sweet here.
8. M by Mariah Carey ($53 for 1.7 oz.): A mix of licorice and marshmallow scents, this is sweetness in a bottle.
9. Usher for Women ($68 for 3.4 oz.): Yes, it's that Usher behind this perfume. And like him, it's intense and beyond sexy.
10. Revlon Flair Eau de Parfum ($40 for 3.4 oz.): Strong notes of patchouli, black currant and lily-of-the-valley are sure to get you noticed if you go for this bottle.
11. Glow by JLO Shimmer Limited Edition ($50 for 1.7 oz.): It's got the same powdery, jabon-like smell we fell for five years ago, but to celebrate its birthday La Lopez added a glow to it—a little bit of shimmer, that is
12. Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere ($125 for 5.0 oz.): Not Abuela's perfume anymore, this updated version is lighter and less musky but still a classic.
13. Narciso Rodriguez For Him ($72 for 3.3 oz.: Saks Fifth Avenue stores): First he made a fragrance for us. This year he made one for los hombres. Both are musky, clean and perfect.
14. Bijan Nude for Women ($45 for 1.7 oz.: perfumania.com): You'll think you're in a garden filled with white roses, lilacs and irises!
15. Dior Midnight Poison ($62 for 1.7 oz.): It's sharp, spicy and intoxicating. Inspired by Latinas, as far as we're concerned!
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion