Meow! Cheetah Girl (and former 3LW member) Adrienne Bailón looked positively purr-fect with her impeccable tan at a recent Absolut party. How did she get the look? She might have spent a week in either Puerto Rico or Ecuador, which are the home countries of her parents...or maybe it was that weekend in Vegas she recently spent with maybe-husband Rob Kardashian.
But it's possible that Bailón got her glow just by spending a few moments with an airbrush tanner. This tanning salon technique is a trauma free way to fake the look of a Caribbean vacation and it takes less than a minute. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
1. The main chemical in airbrush tanners is called DHA, and FDA officials say the risk is unknown. Some tanning salons, like Unique Tan in L.A., offer non-chemical spray-on tans made from aloe and brown sugar.
2. Exfoliate before you go in for your session.
3. Wear goggles, nose plugs, lip balm, and ear plugs for protection.
4. Don’t freak out if you don’t see results right away because your tan will emerge in a few hours.
5. Make sure you still wear sunscreen when you go out in the sun.