A Fun Way to Recycle Newspaper: Newsprint Nails
06/04/2012 - 14:00 ||
Let your hands do all the talking with this funky twist on nail art. It’s a great way to reuse your Sunday paper and the neutral tones make it the perfect accent to any outfit. Get the look in just four quick steps.
What you’ll need:
- A neutral nail polish
- 10 strips of newspaper (wide enough to span your nail)
- A small bowl filled with vodka or rubbing alcohol
- Top coat
Here’s how to do it:
- Paint on two coats of your base color. We like Essie’s Playa del Platinum.
- Once it’s completely dry, wrap your nail in the newspaper then dip a cotton ball in the vodka (rubbing alcohol will also do the trick) and press down firmly on your nail.
- Wait a few seconds for the print to transfer, then very carefully peel the paper off.
- Finish with a topcoat.
This trick will work with anything that’s printed in your newspaper so don’t be afraid to mix it up. Try switching between text, ads and even comics, for a pop of color!
Will you be trying out this trend? What's your favorite mani tip?