The Golden Globes might as well have been named the night of Gina Rodriguez! Our chica killed it on the carpet, on the stage, at the after-parties — can you tell we're excited? Although we're still obsessing over that emotional, moving speech, we also can't help obsess over her flawless hair and makeup. We got the scoop straight from her glam squad on how to recreate those gorgegous curls and that killer eye makeup so you can look (and feel) like a Hollywood A-lister yourself.
Gina's hairstylist Paul Norton said of the look he created for the Jane the Virgin star: "Since the feeling of the dress was classic 'Old Hollywood' and the shoulders were exposed, we knew that romantic, shiny waves were the way to go!" As for what 2015 holds for the star (beauty wise), Norton said: "I plan on doing more updos and a little more of an edgy fashion-forward look for her."
Get the look:
- First I added Joico Power Whip from roots to ends and blew out the hair with a medium-size, boar-bristle, round brush until fully dry.
- Once the hair was dry, I took 3 large horizontal sections beginning at the bottom and sprayed Joico IronClad Thermal Protectant Spray gently throughout each section to protect the hair from the heat.
- I then took sections beginning in the back in the bottom of the head and with a 1 1/4 inch curling iron I curled 2 inch sections under and using larger agitator hair clips I secured each section in order to cool and create the perfect wave. As I made my way to the top section, I gave her a deep-side-part on her right side and curled all of the hair under and away from the face and also secured those curls with large alligator hair pins.
- Once the set was completed, I generously sprayed several coats of Joico Joi Mist Medium Styling and Finishing Spray over the entire head in order for it to help set the wave while the hair cooled.
- Then, I began removing the clips and releasing my curls from the bottom to the top. After every clip was removed I asked Gina to tilt her head back and rest her neck on the back of the chair allowing me the chance to vigorously run my fingers though her hair, breaking up each curl.
- Next, I put a dime-size amount of Joico Crème Wax Texture and Shine in the palm of my hand and applied it to Gina's hair from root to tip, finger combing it all back away from the face and began to sort of place the hair exactly how I wanted it to lay.
- I then secured the waves with large metal hair pins in order for it to set in that form a little while longer allowing me time to brush back the right side with my baby Mason Pearson and secure it with several black bobby pins.
- Lastly, I sealed the entire head with Joico Flip Turn Volumizing Finishing spray in order to really insure the voluminous waves would hold all night and also a spray of Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Dry Oil Spray for ample shine!
All products available for purchase at ulta.com as well.
For Gina’s makeup, celebrity makeup artist Jenna Anton was inspired to bring out the essence of Gina’s personality, as she describe as, “fun, flirty and comfortable in her own skin.”
Get the look:
- For the eyes, Jenna applied a warm matte yellow shade from the lash line to brow. (Tip: Jenna always starts off with the eyes and ends with skin.)
- Jenna lined the lash line with L’Oréal Paris The Super Slim by Infallible Eyeliner starting with a thin line from the inner corner of the eye and then gradually thickening it with a small wing at the end.
- For the lashes, she applied a few individual lashes at the outer end of the eye to elongate the lashes, then applied L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara.
- Jenna used a combination of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eyeshadow Crayon in Enduring Rose and Everlasting Gold and blended in the inner corner of the eyes.
- She went for a full and fluffy fresh brow using L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Plumper. (Tip: Use a color that is lighter than your natural hair so the brows won’t be so dark.)
- Jenna used a combination of L’Oréal Paris Youth Code Pore Vanisher and L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur to prep Gina’s skin for a smooth finish.
- She then applied L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Blur Blush on the apple of her cheeks and layered on L’Oréal Paris True Match Blush over the crème blush.
- Tip: When applying blush create a backwards ‘C’ starting from the ear and moving towards the apple of the cheek and back.
- Jenna used L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor Permanent Blush on the lips.
- To keep Gina’s look on all night, Jenna sprayed L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray.
All products available for purchase at drugstores as well.