At the season 3 premiere party of Orange is the New Black, actress Jackie Cruz (who plays Flaca Gonzalez on the hit Netflix series) traded her character’s tan prison garb for a fresh twist on a vintage style.
Maria Ortega, a celebrity makeup artist, gave Cruz with a timeless look using Chantecaille products. A flawless foundation, a flush of color on the cheeks, and a bold, retro lip make this red-carpet look truly unforgettable. See below for the details on how you can get this classic Hollywood look at home:
GET THE FACE LOOK
1. Start by mixing a pea size amount of Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere in “Briliance” with Future Skin Oil Free Gel Foundation in “Cream”. Apply, using your fingers, by starting from the center of the face, working your way out, and blending with a Beauty Blender, making sure not to leave any harsh lines on jawline.
2. To conceal under your eyes, use Le Camouflage Stylo correcting pen in “4W” blending to an airbrush-like finish.
3. To add a subtle glow and highlight, use your fingers to dab Liquid Lumiere in "Sheen" in gentle tapping motions to your temples, cheekbones, above the eyebrows, on cupid's bow and down the bridge of nose.
4. Set the makeup by dusting a light amount of "Loose Powder" with a fluffy brush on the sides of the nose, hallows of cheeks, and T-zone, thus allowing illuminator to still shine through.
5. Use a smaller, fluffy brush to dust a light amount of the new HD Perfecting Powder in "Bronze" to hallows of cheeks, on jaw line, and hairline. Finish off by applying a soft touch of Powder Blush in "Laughter".
GET THE EYES LOOK
1. Dust Lasting Eye Shade in "Sesame" all over the lid, crease, and under brow. Then, apply Lasting Eye Shade in "Shale" to crease with a blending brush and blending upward. Taking the smallest amount Lasting Eye Shade in "Patchouli" , tap the brush to remove excess color, and blend inward from the outer edge of eye near lash line and up to crease.
3. Accentuate the eyes by using Le Stylo Ultra Slim liquid eyeliner in “Black” to create a sleek line with a bit of a wing tip. Use the Gel Liner Pencil in "Jet" to tightline, applying eyeliner on roots of top lashes and waterline to create the illusion that your lashes start further back.
4. After curling lashes, apply Faux Cils Mascara in “Black”. Start at the base of the lash line and wiggle to the ends followed by a pair of Ardell Wispies lash strips. Allow the glue to dry and add another coat of mascara.
GET THE LIPS LOOK
2. Top with Lipstick in "Amaryllis" with a lip brush. Start from the outer corners, working your way in, both for top and bottom. Blot with Tatcha blotting papers and then apply lipstick with brush for a second time.