Your Perfect Foundation
01/22/2008 - 11:47 ||
The biggest beauty drama for us? Finding a base that matches our skin tones. Follow these tips and never again buy the wrong one. If your skin is...
1. Fair Try using a warm, light-beige tinted moisturizer. The color will tone down any redness in your skin, while the moisturizer will go on looking sheer and subtle. Try Lorac ProtecTINT SPF 30 Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Tawny Temptress ($30 ).
2. Olive There tends to be a lot of yellow in your skin, so go for a warmer, peachy-looking foundation. It'll prevent your skin from looking sallow. Try CoverGirl Advanced Radiance Restorative Cream Foundation in Soft Honey ($10).
3. Caramel Your skin already has a sun-kissed look to it, so stick to golden-colored foundations. Stay away from anything with an orange or red tint or you´ll look like you went nuts with the self-tanner. Try YSL Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation in 11 ($52).
4. Medium-dark Keep your complexion from looking gray and dull by picking something bronzy. It´ll brighten your skin tone and give it a warm glow. Try Prescriptives Virtually Fresh Skin Refining Makeup SPF 15 in Natural Pecan ($33).
5. Dark Look for a foundation that has a cool, bluish tint to it. It´ll work perfectly with your skin´s blue-purple undertones. Try Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Makeup in Suede ($25).
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion