After the fashion faux-pas at the Emmy’s, Naya Rivera made a Glee-ful comeback at the premiere of her hit Fox show’s second season. Smooth, romantic waves pulled over one shoulder replaced the beehive-and-bangs style, while a pretty pink cheek and lip (softer than the bold red lip she tried before) gave Naya a pretty, youthful glow.
Andrew Sotomayor, celeb makeup artist and director of makeup for Wonderland Beauty Parlor, shares exactly what he’d use to recreate this fresh-yet-glam face:
- Start with a cream-to-powder foundation, which will make your skin look flawless and give it a touch of radiance. Try Mally Beauty Smoothskin Cream Compact Foundation, $35, mallybeauty.com.
- Line the inner rims of your eyes with black eyeliner, apply a coat of volumizing mascara, then—for fringe just like Naya’s—attach false lashes. The KreAt Beauty Three-Quarter Lash, $16, kreatbeauty.com, is a good, natural-looking option.
- Brush a smoky brown shadow—like Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Colour Concentrates in Brasstacks, $10, occmakeup.com—on your lids, blending it up and out.
- Apply a cheek stain to the apples of your cheeks with your fingers. The Three Custom Color Watercolours in Coral Waterlily, $22.50, threecustom.com, blends-in easily.
- Finally, swipe a dusty rose lipstick on your lips. A perfect match: Lipstick Queen Jean Queen Lipstick, 18, lipstickqueen.com.