Q. What do Christina Milian and Sandra Vergara have in common? Ok, besides being beautiful Latinas?
A. They both know how to rock the latest eyeliner trend!
Bold liner was spotted all over the fall runways and now, it's showing up on trendsetting starlets, like Christina and Sandra, who are both ricking a cool blue and copper combo.
Here’s how to copy their look:
- To start, line only the inner rim of your eyes with a very thin black eyeliner. To draw the thinnest line, we like to use a gel eyeliner (like Tarte emphasEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner, $22, tartecosmetics.com) with a liner brush. This defines your eyes and makes the colored eyeliner stand out more.
- Choose a blue eyeliner and a copper eyeliner (we’ve been loving the easy-to-glide NYX Slide On Pencils in Azure and Golden Bronze, $8 each, nyxcometics.com). Contrasting shades like these create the most impact.
- Draw the blue pencil along the lower lid, the bronze pencil along the upper lid; you can go over your line a few times so the hue is extra bold.
- To make the copper more intense, sweep bronze eye shadow (CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire, $6.79, drustore.com is a nice one) over your lids and above your crease.
- Add a few coats of mascara, but keep the rest of your makeup subtle so it won’t compete with your eyes. A little bronzer and some sheer gloss is all you’ll need.