New 'Do Every Day: Miami Fashion Week Braided Bun!
07/21/2011 - 16:45 ||
Each day this week we’ve been obsessed with a new sexy, summer hairstyle from the runways at Miami Fashion Week, and Oribe—hairstylist extraordinaire—has been kind enough to share his steps for recreating the looks.
Today, we’re focused on this beautiful braided bun, ideal for keeping hair out of your face at the beach, but also elegant enough to wear to an outdoor wedding!
Here’s how to copy this style, as seen at the Red Carter show:
- Start with a great blowout. To help smooth your hair, apply a gel serum (if you have fine hair) or a moisturizing cream (if you have thick hair) throughout damp strands before you blow dry.
- Secure your hair into a low ponytail, and wrap it tightly with an elastic hair tie.
- Smooth the same product you used for your blowout through your ponytail, which will make your braid stay in place.
- Braid hair all the way to the end, and secure the end of the braid with a smaller rubber band.
- Twirl the braid around itself to form a compact, round bun.
- Finish by misting the hair with Oribe Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray, $38, oribe.com, to prevent frizz.