How to Look Hotter in 2012
01/03/2012 - 15:51 ||
With the New Year comes a new list of resolutions! But instead of saying I’m going to workout every day this year (an unlikely feat) or eat healthy for every meal (I’ve already had a cookie for lunch today), I’ve decided to make ten beauty resolutions that I think I can really, truly keep. See if you find any you’d like to try, too!
1. Master the clamp-free curling iron rod (like this interchangeable amika: one) so that I can create Fergie’s soft waves!
2. Drink one glass of water with lemon when I wake up in the morning to help rehydrate my skin (and kick start my metabolism).
3. Never, ever go to sleep without washing off my makeup. If I use my Clarisonic Mia Facial Brush to do so, then even better!
4. Always apply at least an SPF 15 in the morning. An overcast day is no excuse—as my dermatologist always reminds me, UVA rays pass through clouds. All the new BB Creams coming out this season will make this one easy.
5. Stop picking off my nail polish. Hopefully more Shellac manicures will help—my last one stayed chip-free through Christmas and New Years!
6. Rock a red lip. If everyone from Zoe Saldana to Selena Gomez can pull one off, then so can I. I’m going to start with celeb fave MAC in Lady Danger.
7. Settle on a new signature scent. I just ran out of my beloved Kai oil, so it’s the perfect time to explore. First one on the list: Prada Candy.
8. Embrace my curls more often. Taking a break from the hot tools will help keep my hair healthier, and it’ll save me time, too!
9. Finally tackle these stubborn dark spots on my skin. The latest spot serums (like Strivectin Get Even) will help, but only if I use them twice a day for two to three months. If I put one next to my toothbrush, I won’t forget.
10. Experiment more! Instead of falling into a beauty rut, I plan to try new hairstyles (maybe I’ll finally get the hang of the waterfall braid), play with different makeup looks, and test even more creams, serums, and glosses.
It’s going to be a beautiful year!