Get a Party Ponytail Like Jessica Alba’s
11/29/2010 - 16:15 ||
Searching for fresh hairstyle ideas for your upcoming holiday parties? Take a cue from Jessica Alba, whose ponytail proves that the style isn’t just for jeans-and-tee days.
“A glam ponytail calls for smooth strands and extra lift at the crown of your head,” says Pantene celeb stylist Carlos Vera.
Follow these key steps:
1. Smooth a dime-size drop of styling cream (like Pantene Medium-Thick Straighten & Smooth Crème, $5.99, pgestore.com) through dry strands to pat down flyaways and make it easier to pull hair together.
2. Part your hair in the middle. Gather the hair at the crown of your head, teasing the roots gently with a paddle brush (to tease: only push the brush down, don’t pull up).
3. Tilt your head back as you pull all of your hair to the nape of your neck (use the brush to smooth the sides down). “Tipping your head back helps to stop bumps from forming and gives you more volume,” says Vera.
4. Tie the hair tight with a clear rubber band, but make sure you don’t pull down on the hair that’s lifted at the crown.
5. Section the tail into three-inch parts and wrap each around a curling iron, then softly curl the ends of any wispy strands that fall along your face.
6. If you don’t wear a statement necklace like Jessica’s, try fastening a glitzy hair accessory to the band of your ponytail to play up the glam factor even more!